i'm not very well-versed in the kinds of people to date.
i am, however, a professional at the kinds of people not to date.
here are my simple rules for avoiding a disastrous relationship as per my extensive experiences.
- don't date guys in bands.
- the only thing worse than dating a guy in a band is dating a guy who isn't in a band, but wants to be.
- musicians in general are pretty good to avoid.
- just cos a guy's got a pretty accent doesn't mean he's really all that special.
- just cos a guy's got a pretty face doesn't mean he's too special, either.
- if a dude's friends are assholes, he's probably an asshole, too.
- if someone acts completely differently around their friends than around you, they are not to be trusted.
- if you are someone's first same-sex relationship, it's possible that you are an experiment. keep that in mind.
- crazy and fun are not the same thing.
- crazy and psychopathic are not the same thing.
- people who lie to you will keep lying to you. and if you believe they won't, you're lying to yourself.
what kind of things have you learned from your own mistakes?