Saturday, September 1, 2012

comiccon calling

 i've been going to new york comic con every year since i moved to the city, and it's event that i always look forward to. for me it marks the peak month of fall--october--which contains both nycc and halloween, my two favourite parts of the year (besides summer and my birthday). 
this year i decided to really commit to cosplaying, and i chose to portray appa from the last airbender  (that's a link) because he's a character that i thought was really adorable from the beginning.
obviously i'm doing a more humanoid version of appa--i didn't really feel like getting all dressed up in an insane suit.
i'm working with an etsy seller on a dress made of white fur, and she has kindly offered to make me a tail and boot covers as well. i'm excited!
 so the first part of my costume arrived today. this is the wig i will be using. you can still see some of my hair in these pictures, but for the actual costume i'll have it pulled back in a wig cap so that won't be the case.

the only thing i need to figure out at this point is how to do the arrow on appa's head. i could make it out of fabric or something and pin it on, i guess, but that seems like it would be a little cheap. i'll figure it out!
xoxo
mouse

1 comments:

Shybiker said...

That's so cool! Cosplay is fun and ComicCon is a great event. I applaud your initiative.

Post a Comment

if you love me then thank you. if you hate me then fuck you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...