Wednesday, September 25, 2013

REVIEW: Belgian Egg White Soap

Hello hello
So carrying on with some skincare stuff
I have been meaning to try Belgian eggwhite soap for a while. I don't remember why but I've had it on my Amazon wishlist for ages, and I was recently shopping online at Urban Outfitters and needed to buy something small to get free shipping and since they had a bar of the soap for like $5 (link here) I decided it would be a good time to try it!

Basically, what it is is a bar soap made with egg whites (and the one I got has chamomile in it, too--I think they all might but I'm not sure). It's supposed to make your skin look "radiant" and help to hydrate and smooth your skin. 
This is what I look like immediately after washing it off. 
I've been using it pretty much daily since I got it, and I love it. I really do think my skin feels smoother and softer after I use it, and although I'm not sure whether it was this or the other products I've been using, but my breakout from earlier in the week has calmed significantly.
You're supposed to lather it on your hands and rub it all over your face and then wait a few minutes until it dries off, then rinse it off. 
I really, really like this product. It makes my skin feel really clean after I rinse it off, but not dry or tight like some more astringent products can do. I'm not sure if it makes my skin more radiant because I'm not entirely sure what that means, but my skin has been pretty calm since I started using it.

It's relatively inexpensive, although I've never seen it in stores. It definitely seems like it's going to last a while. On the Amazon page (link) for a six-bar box, it says this constitutes a six-month supply, but I can see a bar lasting a little longer than a month. 

Verdict: this is probably one of my favourite new skincare things I've tried, and I definitely recommend it!

3 comments:

Thera Joyce said...

I love soaps! I'll have to try this one!

Shybiker said...

Cool. I've never heard of it before. And I'm always looking to improve my skin.

Happy to see you blogging again.

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

I have never heard of that type of soap but I will keep my eyes peeled for it.

Post a Comment

if you love me then thank you. if you hate me then fuck you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...